Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thanks A Latte

November 9, 2010, marks the big THREE for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. So, Happy Birthday, SnSS, and congrats to such a successful run, Korin! And I wish you many many more years of success.

I met Korin last year at the Pennsylvania Stamping Around event. I was the non-crafter that showed up, cause a certain crafty (and yes, I mean that on both definition counts: hand-made and sly) chica managed to enable me to come. I mean with an offer such as "Just show up - we can share my tools" who wouldn't, right? So, I made a huge adhesive run, packed my color pencils and came. We were such good students, we even sat in the first row - I didn't want to miss any steps and was already intimidated as is ;)

Everyone was so sweet and 
Korin had a wonderful little stand set up in the lobby. I immediately checked out these things called acrylic, clear stamps. It was all alien to me (at that time an avid knitting and crocheter - so anything yarn made sense, but acrylic, clear stamps? come again?)

My 
great enabler friend pulled out Baked With Love and mention how perfect they were to go along with my cookie baking hiatus. Cookies were after all the home-made Christmas project of 2009! Korin had such wonderful prices offered for that weekend, and I ended up leaving with Trendy Girl and Doodle Flower for Sentiments as well. I had no idea what I was going to create, but I figured, I'd hit a Michael's on the way home and buy an ink pad. After all, that's how the paper crafting addiction starts, right?

Check out my first card ever, made with 
Trendy Girl! I never posted my Christmas Cookie Tags (notice how crazy I went?)

Freshly Baked Cookie Tags
Stamps: Baked With Love (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps); Tag Treats (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Basic Card Stock - White (Recollections); various pattern paper (Basic Grey)
Ink: Pigment - Black (Colorbox)
Embellishments: 1/8" Circle Eyelets Multipack - Various Colors (Making Memories)


But in honor of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamp, I pulled out Warm Up to meet this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge


And found some color inspiration from this week's DeNami Color Challenge (my first time playing along - yay!)


A good cup of coffee is always a great way to say "Thanks a Latte." I had fun playing around with the colors, and decided to offset the cup color and the stamped image. The cups are also adhered with dimensional adhesive at different levels to give it some interest factor (the next picture shows this better). 

Thanks A Latte
Stamps: Warm Up (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Paper: Paper Basics Card Stock - Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Earth Elements - Old Olive, Chocolate Chip (Stamping Up!); Perfect Match Pigment Ink - Orange Zest, Tea Dye Duo - Chamomile (Papertrey Ink) 

Embellishments: Soft-core Color Pencils (Prismacolor); Nestabilities - Fancy Tags (Spellbinders); Ribbon - Petals & Paisley Key Ingredient Kit (Taylored Expressions); Paper-Piercing Tool & Mat Stack (Stamping Up!); Fine Point - Black (Sharpie)

A little bit of Tea Dye ink to vintage up the fancy label and stringing the tag onto a cute polka-dotted ribbon - and I call it done.

Thanks A Latte

The 'lil steam swirls are paper pierced and faux stitched. Can you tell that the yellow cup is popped a tad higher? So - what's your perfect latte? I fancy a nice Pumpkin Spice right around now...

16 comments:

IamDerby said...

What cute little tags! I really love that coffee cup card, so colorful and cute.

B said...

Love the faux stitching and the fun coloring! :) It looks adorable! :) Fun take on the WMS sketch! And I almost forgot about those tags! Yummy!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Girl this card is fabulous! You rocked that challenge!

Paulina said...

That teacup card is darling! You did a fabulous job incorporating TWO challenges into the card. :)

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami Color Challenge!

Julia Aston said...

What fun cups Ren-Yi! love the colors you used the the pretty nestie for the sentiment! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Unknown said...

Love the tea cups on the card. TY for sharing your desing.

Michele Gross said...

Oh super cute! So glad you joined us at DeNami! Great use of the colors :)

Mara Campbell said...

I love the tags!! And the coffee card is great, such fun colors!

Pauline said...

Lovely fun card, love the colours you have used, and the stitching is fab!

Alessandra said...

It'a very nice card! I like your scrapbook style! Bye!

Lindsay said...

Super cute card! Love those little cups!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Ren-Yi! Great take on this week's sketch! Thanks for playing along with this week's WMSC :)

Alice said...

this is so sweet. lovely card, Ren-Yi!

Korin said...

This is adorable and thank you so much for the lovely shout-out :). It was great to reminisce reading your story....and it was great to meet you last year. I do hope we can hook up again some time for more stamping goodness :)! Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such cute projects! Love the fun tags and the cute card... I love coffee. :o)

~Tammy~ said...

Super cute teacups! Adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails