Thursday, August 9, 2012

[DYSU] Challenge #84 - Four Legged Friends

Good morning everyone! Time for another challenge... Are you guys ready?

I do love this week's theme. It's a little unusual from our other themes and I was first stumped: Four Legged Friends. Well, it's not too difficult if you have dogs, cats, turtles or any other cute critters in your stamp set. But I was trying to think what I wanted to create - something that would make me happy, like this picture makes me. Isn't it cute?



So this week I got to pull whatever I wanted out of my stash. And there is one particular four-legged friend that I was obsessed about when I was young. I was duly reminded about these four-legged creatures when I saw the equestrian jumping event during the Olympics broadcast. It was so obvious what I would pull out! 

Have a Rootin' Tootin' Time
Stamps: (Back in the Saddle, My Island) Waltzingmouse Stamps; (Woodgrain) Hero Arts
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Lemon Tart, Kraft) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin - No. 11 Brown Sugar, No. 10 Malted Milk, No. 5 Chicken Feed, No. 4 Lemon Drops; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen) Ranger; (Versamark) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Jute Button Twine) Papertrey Ink


I use to have plans how I would keep a horse - in our tiny backyard or house in Germany (why not? Pippi Longstockings had a horse that stayed inside the house). If I moved to a city, I would buy out the top of the skyscraper and grow grass - it could graze at 150 ft above the ground. Why not? Right...

I wanted a nice manly background to go with the cowboy (or girl) and his loyal partner. To add more texture and layers without adding actual layers, I used Versamark to add a woodgrain pattern below and above the main part of the card. If you squint, you can see it in the picture below.

Have a Rootin' Tootin' Time

So how close did I get to owning an actual horse? This is it...


[Image Source: http://www.sunny-bears.com]

A lot less maintenance than the real thing, but I certainly couldn't ride this one ;) Hope you like the card - thanks for checking in. Now head over to the other girls's creations and remember to leave them some love :)...And don't forget to enter our challenge!

Our sponsors this week:

Birdie Brown
* Winner's Choice of 3 Digital Stamps

The Paper Shelter
* $20 Gift Certificate

Bugaboo Stamps
* Winner's Choice of 7 Digis

9 comments:

Pauline said...

This is fab Ren Yi, a great mix of stamps! How cool does that cowboy look in front of the setting sun from My Island? Brilliant card!

Denise said...

Great card Ren-Yi. Love that gorgeous sunset behind the cowboy image and the cool woodgrain effect on the main card. Love your little horse too.
Hugs
Denise xx

Unknown said...

Great card Ren-Yi!! WOW! I love that sun background. Did you stamped it? I know you enjoy better your fake horse, imagine having to clean after a real one in your apartment LOL! Great card for a guy!! Besitos, Joan

Erica Bass said...

This card is fabulous! Love the back story!

Unknown said...

Love that simple dynamic look - why can't I do simple like that?

Patricia said...

Such a great looking card Ren-Yi I love the shading of the background! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog this morning! I appreciate it!

Pia S said...

Love the wood patterned background, so perfect for your colorful cowboy image, I like this card very much!

Sandy Ang said...

what a cool take on 4-legged friends. your card rocks

Kantrelpauy said...

what a cool take on 4-legged friends. your card rocks

Related Posts with Thumbnails