Thursday, June 20, 2013

[Little Tangles] Challenge #15 - Washi It Up


Hi everyone! I can't believe it's already two weeks since the last challenge. On the home-front my crafty supplies are still not unpacked. Even though the craft room is finished, it's now acting as the storage room for everything else, because we're tackling the master bedroom next. So all the half-opened boxes and other items have moved to the craft room. Ahhhh...life is so different when you're a house owner and renovating ;)

I managed to scrape a few supplies together to create something for our next Littles Tangles challenge: Washi It UpYep, the washi tape trend is still going strong and I can see that this will stay for a bit. It's all about cute, fun tape...

Here's my CAS card for ya...

Happy Birthday
Stamps: (Just Thinking of You, Sketchy Cupcake) Neat & Tangled
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Rustic Cream, Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink;
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin - No. 11 Brown Sugar) Ranger
Embellishments: (Washi Tape Blüten) Rayher Hobby; (Candi - Metallique Copper) Craftwork Cards; (Sequins - Lemon Satin) Neat & Tangled


So I was looking desperately for adhesive. I had Scotch tape at hand and the following adhesive. Ahem - don't tell Florian I used his wood glue. Then again it was just a few dabs, so he won't know I took some ;)

Happy Birthday

I decided to go with the rule of three on this one: three washi strips of beautiful yellow flowers on green background; three yellow bits of sequins to match the flowers, and three Candi embellishments in Metallique Copper to balance the brown stamping.

Happy Birthday

It is quite an interesting experiment to see how to create something with no supplies at hand. I can't wait to unpack my crafty things. The only thing standing in my way is painting the ceiling of the master, painting the side walls, ripping out the carpet, laying down the hardwood floor, painting the trims and attached the trim boards, and moving all the stuff into it. Ha! Wish me luck.

Hope my quick card inspires you to play along. Don't forget that one lucky winner will get a free Neat & Tangles Stamp set of their choice. 

A few helpful things to remember:
  • Challenge ends Jun 30, 2013, 11:59p EST; Check back for the winners
  • Prize is ONE Neat & Tangled Stamp set of your choice to a random player
  • Neat & Tangled stamps are not required on your entry, but we would love to see you use them. If you would like to use some Neat & Tangled products but haven't had a chance to buy any, we have a couple of freebies on the Little Tangles site. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

I love that you used wood glue! Great card!

Charlene B. said...

Fab card Ren-Yi!

Rose said...

fantastic card!!! lol to the wood glue. way to work with what you have!!!
i don't envy you with all the painting!! ugh thank goodness hubby did all that when we bought our home ;)

June Houck said...

A very cute card, Ren-Yi! About a year ago I was doing exactly what you are doing; we just moved into a house with all white walls, no ceiling fans, and too much carpet. We put in hardwoods, installed 8 ceiling fans, and are still painting...only the master bed and bath are still white. Anyway, I remember trying to keep up with my dot commitments with limited access to my crafty supplies. You rocked the washi with your candi, sequence, and washi!

~amy~ said...

definitely a McGyver move on your part:) Love what you've done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails