Friday, April 18, 2014

[Uniko Studio] Challenge No. 9 - Easter


Hi everyone - It's time for another challenge, and we're coming up on another big holiday Easter. It's only appropriate to dedicate this challenge to all things springing up and about. I especially love these colors, because they go back and celebrate all the fun colors that are starting to sprout.

Here is this month's color combo...

Photo Credit: Design Seed
Ok I was in dire need for a card to say hello to a dear friend I haven't talked to in a long time. She needs some much cheering on and remind how amazing she is. So here is my card (so not fitting to the theme - I hope you forgive me)

You Are Simply the Best

By the way, if you're used to seeing the supply list given here and are thinking "she's gone senile and forgotten to post the supplies," don't fret. I'm finally moving into this century when it comes to blogging, and I'm trying out a Product List using the Inlinkz Project Manager tool. So scroll down to the bottom to check it out. And while you're at it, let me know if you like the old format or new format better. I always eager to hear what you guys think.

I really like how Nature Treasures I can be used to make a fun, messy background. I also decide to use the doilies or flowers from Today, Tomorrow & Always Time to add more layers to the background paper I was making.

Then I cut out the butterflies in duos from some Basic Grey Serenade paper, so that I can stack them onto each other. This gives the butterflies a little bit of more pop off the card. I also wanted to give them some extra shine treatment, so I dabbed each dot from the pattern paper with some Liquid Pearls. This explains why some of the dots aren't quite perfect, but the effect is quite lovely.

You Are Simply the Best

Anyways, that's all I have for you. Incidentally, Florian's Teddy was hovering about when I was taking a picture, so I thought it'd be fun to take a picture with him. Here he is wishing everyone a wonderful Easter holiday and reminding you how special each of you are.

You Are Simply the Best

Please also check out the rest of the girl's cards and leave them a sweet comment or two. Remember you don't have to use all the colors - any or all as an inspiration.

Lastly, a few helpful things to remember:
  • Challenge ends May 14th, 2013, 9:00a BST; Check back for the winners after
  • Prize is £10 Gift Certificate to the random Winner & a Guest Design spot on our following challenge
  • Three people will win a spotlight
  • We would like you to use a Uniko Studio product; If you don't have any, check out the freebies here
I hope to see you play along, so that I can pop in on your lovely blogs! Also let us know what you think of this new format of a challenge. See you soon!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails