Sunday, September 6, 2009

Compiling Greeting Cards

So it's been a super busy summer for all of us small-handed people. So we've kind of left posting to the wayside a little. *smile*

I had a stack of wedding cards and I couldn't bear to toss them so I figured I'd save them all in a decorated little book. This would work for birthday cards as well, wedding shower cards... (when I find them....).. the possibilities are endless here!

I punched holes into all of them and strung them through a metal ring. I tied some pink, green, and white ribbons around the metal ring. Brings me back to high school when the cheerleaders used to tie multiple ribbons in their hair...

I organized them by friends, family and family friends. I put our friends first cos they wrote the most, family next cos some of them did write stuff and then family friends last. Mainly cos most of them wrote stuff in Chinese that I can't read. Hah.For the cover, I took a piece of A2 cardboard I had (I think it was from a cardstock package or something...). Cut it in half and then proceeded to decorate it. I had some yummy Amy Butler paper from the Tea line and the Lotus line. I'm actually hoping to find that fabric as well -- I'd love to make a fun bag or something with it. Especially now that I need to find some sewing projects to amuse myself with!

Ok, I digress... the rubons and die cuts are also Amy Butler. The thickers are cloth ones from American Crafts... I LOVE these. The texture on them is just fab.

My metal ring was just a tough squeeze for the number of cards I had... I didn't think I had that many... so I will be getting some bigger rings later so it's easier to flip through the cards. Otherwise, it's a great way to put the cards out so that the hubs and I can reminisce about the wedding. And its so much prettier than in a box or something, don't you think? :D

When I find my wedding shower cards, I'll do the same. I just can't remember where I've stashed them... with all our moving furniture around I've lost track of the "safe" spot I've put them. I could have sworn they were with my wedding cards...

What do you guys think? Do you have a bunch of cards laying around as well?

Paper: (Gray) Unknown, (Lotus, Afternoon Tea) Amy Butler
Accessories: (Cloth Thickers) American Crafts, (Rub-ons) Amy Butler, (Die-cuts) Amy Butler

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails