Saturday, October 9, 2010

Honoring Happy WCMD with Harriet

Claire celebrated World Card Making Day by providing a wonderful free digi. Come meet this darling gal.
Her name is Harriet. I had this image of her walking down the cold streets of dreary London. A sordid, cold, rainy dark kind of day, that is not very Christmasy. And amongst all that gray, she came bearing a small, but precious gift.

All these images of gloomy gray and rain was probably inspired by my last business trip to Toronto. Turns out the the city was already heading into fall weather - nothing but rain, rain, rain each day.

However, if it wasn't for that, I would not have been inspired to play with my pastels. Let me know what you think of my Harriet.


Merry Christmas from Harriet
Stamps: Mega Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Paper Basics Card Stock - Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink); Basic Card Stock - Cream (Recollections)
Ink: Pigment Ink - Black (Colorbox); Tea Dye Duo - Chamomile (Papertrey Ink)
Embellishments: Stickles - Xmas Red (Ranger); Softcore Color Pencils (Prismacolor); Soft Chalk Pastels (Rembrandt)


I had fun coloring her this morning. It was very meditative and relaxing to shade her in. My biggest worry was to do Harriet justice by coloring her a boring black and white. I wanted to give her depth. Here a close-up of that darling little girl.

Merry Christmas from Harriet

For those that have fallen in love with the image and want to have a go at coloring Harriet, the free digi is located on the Waltzingmouse Stamp site. A big Thank You to Claire!

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Love that you have coloured her in monochrome, with a bright package! She's a great image!

Related Posts with Thumbnails