Saturday, April 6, 2013

[Uniko Studio] April 2013 Release - Introducing Uniko Studio Designer Dies: Bright Butterflies

Hello Uniko friends! First off let me apologize for being late to the introduction parties! I'm in the middle of moving and packing things up and for some reasons I completely spaced on the date. So I'm playing catch up here! So forgive my tardiness...You should be hopping along from Nicki's blog. If not, you can start at Bev's blog to not make sure you don't miss out on all the inspiration. 

I hope you are enjoying the Sneak Peeks at the Uniko Studio Blog. If you were trying to guess what Sneak Peek Day 1 was all about, and you guessed dies, then you're right on the money. Isn't it exciting that Bev is introducing dies? I can think of many dies that I would want to complement my Uniko Stamp sets: doilies, gerberas, poinsettias just to name a few. What are you wishes? Leave them in the comments and I will pass them along to Bev.

Let's get started with showcasing our first Uniko Studio die. They complement the Bright Butterflies stamp set.



I'm choosing to showcase just the dies, because if anyone chose to just buy the dies,  they could get a lot of mileage out of these. (Ok i cheated and needed a sentiment, but you get my point.) I have a soft spot for butterflies, and I have to say that between all the Martha Stewart butterfly punches, other dies and the ones from Uniko that I own, I really have fallen in love with the Uniko ones. They are my fav from the perspective of shape, size and silhouette. They also but smoothly like butter into some pattern paper. I haven't tried thicker card stock yet, but I will let you know. And just to set the record straight, Bev didn't pay me to say this. This is just my honest opinion ;)

Wishing You Brighter Days
Stamps: (Bright Butterflies) Uniko Studio
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Dark Chocolate, Kraft) Papertrey Ink; (Woodgrain 01) Studio Calico
Ink: (Perfect Match Pigment Ink - Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink; (Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo) Ranger
Embellishments: (Designer Die - Bright Butterfies) Uniko Studio; (Impression Plate - Linen & Canvas) Papertrey Ink


We have unfortunately someone at work who lost a family member, so I was in need of a sympathy card for a guy. So I tried to stick with a conservative color scheme and used the Bright Butterflies sentiment to convey a sympathy message.

I die-cut the butterflies out of woodgrain paper, created some texture on the card panel with my linen & canvas impression plate and mounted the butterflies along the spine onto the page. This way they add dimension to the card. Then a quick sentiment (from Bright Butterflies) to convey our sympathies. 

Wishing You Brighter Days

Hope you are loving these dies as much as I am. Bev is drawing mystery prizes along the way during the Introductory posts from April 6th - 10th, so leave us your comments. Don't forget to come back for our Release Day on April 11, where you can win the entire release!

In the meantime, check out what Stacey has in store for you. And if you need the entire blog hop list, check below. Otherwise, see you back tomorrow for another introductory post!

Here the whole list for easy navigation ...
Have a fabulous day.

7 comments:

i'm with the band said...

This is so awesome, Ren-Yi!!!!!1

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh those woodgrain butterflies are fantastic! Great card!

Frances said...

Lovely card, hugs, Frances.

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love the woodgrain butterflies (the shapes are perfect) and the textured background. Love it!

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card!!!

Gillian R said...

wow, so stunning and effective

Anonymous said...

Beautiful use of the butterflies. Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails