Tuesday, April 9, 2013

[Uniko Studio] April 2013 Release - Introducing Background Builders: Round in Circles

Hello Uniko friends! How are you enjoying the release so far? Are you already eagerly counting down the days until the 11th until you can get some of these goodies in your hands? I hope you're still checking back today & tomorrow for some more fun introductions. This month is packed with fun releases, including our first ever Uniko Studio Designer Die, more delicious clear polymer stamps of the highest quality and more great digital products.

Are you coming from Nicki's blog? Then you're right on track. If not, you can start at Bev's blog to make sure you don't miss out on all the inspiration. And by the way, did you noticed Gayatri is joining our party? Unfortunately her stamps got quarantined at customs and that put a little delay in her playing along. But she's a trooper and got them just yesterday and has been knocking out samples for you to enjoy. So give her some extra love! Ah - how I love this team!

Did you see what Bev showed on Sneak Peek Day 2? There was this really strange bubbles and circles. Yep - it's one of those fantastic Backgrounds Builders set! If you have seen the Background Builders: Lattice or have it in your own stash, then you know how versatile and how easy it is to plug & play with those elements in it. Bev always makes these sets so easy to play with and the combinations are just limitless.


Background Builders: Round in Circles is jam packed with many elements that are as long as your A2 landscape card, which makes stamping a background easy peasy. The longer strip elements come in at 5.5 inches.

As a card maker I look for these little nice perks to make my life easier. Because if anything requires lining up with meticulous care and patience, that's not me. I'm super impatient and want to knock out my projects. I rather spend time coordinating colors and playing with my embellishments. And for someone with a perfectionist eye, I'd waste a lot of card stock if my elements do not lined up. So it's just as well that Bev has created these card-friendly background builders. :)

Party Day
Stamps: (Background Builders: Round in Circles) Uniko Studio
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - White) Papertrey Ink; (Pretty Party Collection) Crate Paper
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin - No.11 Brown Sugar) Ranger; (Brilliance - Galaxy Gold) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Corrugated Cardstock) recycled packaging; (Pretty Party Collection - Die Cuts) Crate Paper


This is a quick, clean birthday card. I am currently obsessed with my Brilliance Galaxy Gold stamp pad. The photos don't do it justice. It's a nice juicy ink with a lot of shine and I am really happy that I finally stumbled across this. And since any girl's birthday can't go wrong with some bold shimmer, I decided to stamp the tiny dots across some pink & cream striped pattern paper.

Party Day

I gave the top third some fun circles  treatment - the pink, cream & gold reminded me of bubble champagne. Although these distressed circles would also work well for any bubbles, or water waves on a grunge-type card.

I finished the whole thing with a nice die card sentiment that reads "Party Day" and added a little bit of recycled corrugated card stock. It's the stuff Papertrey Ink lovingly wraps the card stock corners in, so that they don't get damaged.

Party Day

That's all I have for you today. Check back tomorrow for another great fabulous introduction. Also, just a friendly reminder that Bev is drawing mystery prizes along the way during the Introductory posts from April 6th - 10th, so leave us your comments. And don't forget to come back for our Release Day on April 11, where you can win the entire release! 

In the meantime, check out what Stacey has in store for you. And if you need the entire blog hop list, check below. Otherwise, see you back tomorrow for another introductory post!

Here the whole list for easy navigation ...
Have a fabulous day! It's finally spring weather around our neck of the woods...

6 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Love the grouping of overstamped circles!

Anonymous said...

Great background stamping. Great colour choice. Thanks.

Beverley said...

I was never a fan of gold, but since the latest trend of using gold has popped up I'm LOVING it & your FABulous card! Your too sweet with your kind words about me! Hugs Bev xx

Unknown said...

FABulous design! I love the brown and gold combination!

Stacey Schafer said...

darling! love the banner:)

Gillian R said...

Fabulous card, love how you have stamped on your patterned paper, such a good effect

Related Posts with Thumbnails