Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Molten Cake

Heehee, I'm a smallhanded person too! I figured I'd start my first post with a recipe for Kahlua molten cake. You can never go wrong with chocolate and booze... right? ;-D

I based this recipe off of a recipe from Everyday Foods (my favorite source of simple recipes). We made a variation of this while I was still in NC so I knew it wasn't too complicated. I wanted to christen my new Kitchen Aide** with a tried and true recipe.
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for ramekins
  • 1/3 cup confectioners sugar, plus more for ramekins and serving
  • 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 1 teaspoon Kahlua (we used a hazelnut Kahlua)
  • Pinch salt
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Prep two ramekins (or small little cake pans or something...) and preheat oven to 400
Melt chocolate and butter together. (Although I'll admit that I actually only melted the chocolate and then creamed the butter... still tasty)
Mix sugar, egg, yolk, kahlua and salt in small bowl. Whisk in chocolate mixture.
Whisk in flour until just mixed - important not to overmix. Pour into ramekins.
Pop the suckers into the oven (400 F) for about 10 minutes. Your favorite poking utensil should come out clean on the edge and not so much in the middle.

Eat quickly with some tasty whipped cream. Letting it sit too long means less molteny more cakey...

**Disclaimer - the cake disappeared before we could take a pic... sorry dudes. Just imagine chocolately goodness

**The stand mixer is not necessary (or even recommended) for this recipe. This post writer just loves her mixer!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails