Sunday, April 3, 2011

For A New Mommy

I was looking forward to pulling out my fun punches for this, except I stashed many of them in a box and totally forgot about them for this week's Mami Doodle Challenge. How terrible of me!

Instead I have a card to share with you that uses my corner rounder punch, a little bit of a cop-out, but when I finished this card yesterday around midnight, I was too tired to re-do another card. I recycled, does that count?


Baby Card
Stamps: (Mama-to-be)Mami Doodles; (Mega Mixed Messages) Papertrey Ink
Paper: (evelope) Recyclables; (Paper Basics Card Stock - White) Papertrey Ink)
Ink: (Memento - London Fog) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Pencil); (Soft-core Color Pencils, Double-ended Art Markers) Prismacolor;


Regarding the recycling aspect, I recycled an envelope from a card that I received. The inside had this beautiful, cheery polka-dotted yellow paper.

Baby Card

I fell in love with the polka-dotted pattern and knew I had to incorporated it somehow. The yellow/gray color scheme have recently been on my mind, so this card finally gave me an excuse to put this color combo into action.

Baby Card

I decided to find a bunch of baby-related sentiments and stamped them off on this pattern paper. I wanted to give it a layering effect, so the typography is build by creating a full base, but tapering off to the top & left. Just enough room to plant the beautiful mommy-to-be into the card.

Baby Card

She was an absolute joy to color. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy? Appropriate saying, since there is so much yellow on this card ;)

Hope to see you play along. Don't be like me, and remember to use a Punch!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this card! What beautiful paper for the inside of an envelope!! Love the yellow and grey together.
Alicia xx

Trinh said...

Great recycling, Ren-Yi! Very hip & modern take on Elisa's digi!

Janna Werner said...

Such a lovely idea using the (fabulous) inside of an envelope! The card is supersweet! Janna

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! I love the way the image is positioned partly outside the border of the card. Wonderful coloring and great use of the envelope paper!

Joenvvb said...

By the way, while studying online you will get an opportunity to work at the same time. That's especially true for nurses who have experience in critical-care assignments. Springfield Mo Skilled Nursing Jobs Social Justice Certified Nursing Assistant Cna Work Providence Ri

Related Posts with Thumbnails