Thursday, April 14, 2011

Papertrey Princess Challenge - Get your Stripes On

This is so exciting because it is my first time setting a challenge for the rest of my Papertrey Princess sisterhood. I've been absolutely smitten by this year's stripes fashion - never mind the fact that they aren't very slimming, but stripes are hot now! So taking a queue from the fashion industry, I challenge my fellow Papertrey Princesses to use stripes in some form or fashion.

Happy Birthday
Stamps: (Frame-It, Itty Bitty Banners, Text-It) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink; (TCM's Portrait Collection Paper Pack B) Crate Paper
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin - No. 11 Brown Sugar) Ranger
Embellishments: (Multi-colored Tiny Twinkles) Taylored Expressions; (Steel Dies - Up, Up and Away, Baker's Twine - Pure Poppy; Vintage Buttons - Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink;


I spied someone ordering this wonderful chocolate milkshake the other day - topped with whipped cream and a wee little cherry. After going home and kicking myself for not ordering one, I decided to put that craving into a card and use the color inspiration from it.

Happy Birthday

My flower is created by using the balloon die from Papertrey Ink. I inked up each balloon / petals with a text font to give a tad bit of visual interest and curled each balloon / petal upward for some dimension. I'm always looking for ways to stretch my bang for a buck in my dies and stamps. So here are balloons acting as flower petals :)

Happy Birthday

Here an up-close look on the center - it's filled with more Papertrey goodness: Baker's Twine wrapped carefully onto a circle of card stock (which reminded me of a big lollipop wheel of peppermint!) and a nice big ol' button to finish off the center of my flower.

Happy Birthday

A quick birthday sentiment for the card, using my newly acquired Itty Bitty Banners from Waltzingmouse. 

And since this challenge is about stripes - my pattern paper is from the latest Crate Portrait collection, which I snagged from The Craft's Meow. I actually bought a few kits from 
The Craft's Meow to try them out and was really excited by what it included: buttons, accent stickers, chipboard, brads from the same collection, as well as little doo-dads like a piece of felt, burlap, some tulle (although I'm not sure if they were included in the Portrait collection or my Graphic 45 Kit) And if a kit isn't incentive enough, the store is ran by the sweet & lovely Lisa Hjulberg. So go check out the store, if you haven't heard of it :)

And because I'm not the only gal that loves me some Twine, I would like to enter this in this week's Wee Memories challenge, who is also a big fan of twine.



Don't you love the word play on the challenge title "Tangled Up"? Too cute...

And because Moxie Fab Cath has put up a challenge to "
incorporates a hot air balloon(s) in an innovative way" and I'd like to think that my flower counts! Here is to my first Moxie Fab entry ever...Check out Cath's My Beautiful Balloon Challenge - you never know, you might be the next Moxie Fab chick...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous use of twine, so fun! Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

Wendy said...

This is awesome...I totally love the way you used those balloon dies. Your card beautiful.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Love the twine embellie! And thanks for a fun challenge!

Elisa said...

Beautiful - very creative flower!

Melissa said...

So cute! I love your fun flower and that twine center is adorable!

Unknown said...

I lOVE this card! It is stunning!
Alicia xx

Kathi said...

Great card! Fabulous use of the twine and a totally brilliant use of the balloon dies.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Ren-Yi! Thanks for linking this up to the In My Beautiful Balloon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Mara Campbell said...

Fun fun challenge!! I especially love the flower and how you used the twine!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails