Friday, October 21, 2011

[Mami Doodles] Challenge #36 - Black & Orange Blog Hop

Hello everyone & happy Friday. It is a very exciting day here at Mami Doodles. We want to welcome the three *newbie* additions to our theme. They are ::drum roll:: Frances, Jenn & Pam. I have been spying up on their work and you will be in for a treat!

In honor of their joining we're doing a blog hop today, to make sure you will say hi to the NEWBIE Kids on the Block. If you hopped from newbie Pam's blog, then you're right on track. And to give you a little more incentive, Elisa is in a very generous mood. We have freebies & prizes to give away. Are you ready?

Freebie 1 

  • "Scary Mummy", but you need a password. Hint: it's scattered amongst all the DT blog. If you twist my arm, I might tell you *coughnewbiecough*

Freebie 2

Prizes
  • Want to win 4 Christmas digis of your choice? We are drawing winners on *each* DT blog. That gives you TEN chances to win! All you have to do is tell me what kind of Christmas or other holiday must-have traditions you have.
Shall we get on with the challenge? The theme this week is Black & Orange, in honor of our upcoming Halloween. As mentioned above, I am showcasing Boo! Can you believe I didn't pull the Party Animals again? Don't worry, I was already thinking of ways to make the Black & Orange ;)

Boo
Stamps: (Boo!) Mami Doodles
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Kraft, True Black; Pattern Paper - Damask Designs, Distress Dots) Papertrey Ink; (To Love & Cherish - Juliet) Imaginesce; (Black Orchid Dorota Vista) SEI
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin No. 5 - Chicken Feed) Ranger
Embellishments: (House of Three Soiree Twine) Pink Paislee; (Vintage Buttons - Spring Collection) Papertrey Ink; (Multicolored Tiny Twinkles) Taylored Expressions; (Black Tulle) The Craft's Meow Kit; (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (newspaper print from Mixed Media workshop class) Recycled; (Point 88) Stabilo; (Corner Chomper - 1/2") W R Keeper Memories


I paper-pieced the pumpkins by picking orange and black pattern papers to fulfill the theme. The digi lines were a little weak, so I took my Black Stabilo and re-traced the lines. Messy, messy, and I must admit I was in a hurry...

Boo

The newspaper print actually was a little paper cone that Nathalie Kalbach had put our cute little supplies in for the Mixed Media class that I had attended. I thought I would rip it apart, blot some Chicken Feed color on it and give it some orange. The tulle, buttons and twine are from my stash just itching to be used...

Boo

Anyways, thanks for stopping by and making it all the way through my long post. Your next stop is the very talented and sweet Stephanie. Tell her she rocks for me :)

And in case you got lost, here's the entire blog hop list...
Elisa
Frances
Jackie
Jenn
Lisa
Manuela
Pam
Ren-Yi (<-- you are here)
Stephanie
Wendy

13 comments:

WencheP said...

I like this! Really a cool card, great details.

Hugs,
Wenche

Carol said...

Great card, love the button treatment. Traditionally at Christmas we have home made stuffing and bread sauce (use packets rest of year!). Carol x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant paper piecing on the pumpkins! Very nice card.
The night before halloween or on halloween night I love to watch a REALLY scary movie to scare me lol!

slbt17 said...

very cool - love your paper choices!
Sandra ltb

Mami Doodles said...

Gorgeous, love the paper piecing and the tulle and button combo!

sammi said...

Wow, what a striking card! The paper piecing on the pumpkins looks fabulous!

Lisa said...

I love this Ren-Yi! It's so pretty, and the deatils are amazing :)

Misty's said...

Hi Ren-Yi
What a beautiful card. I love the colors you chose and they compliment well together. What I really love about your creation are the paper-pieced pumpkins. What a great idea. That's another inspiration for me. Thank you for that.
When it comes to my must have tradition. It would be dressing up Christmas tree on the 1st of December and decorating the whole living room at the same time. Of course at Christmas time there is more time to spend with my family and relatives and I love that as well. Would really hate if Christmas got cancelled!!
Happy Halloween and Happy Crafting!
Michaela xx

Mara Campbell said...

Such a fun card!! I love the festive colors and that great tulle!!

Fliss said...

Did you print on each color paper to do this piecing...I'm not sure how to do this right....!!!
Fantastic ....!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! That is a wonderful idea! I've been trying to figure out how to use that image...Thanks for sharing the inspiration!
Hugs,
Karen C

Maribel said...

Absolutely gorgeous Card!!!

DianeL said...

Oh I love how this is paper pieced - haven't tried that yet with Digis but I must - looks so sharp on this card. DianeL
loyaz1@wbhsi.net

Related Posts with Thumbnails