Wednesday, November 20, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash - Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies

Hello everyone! I had it forever on my bucket list to try the 10 Minute Craft Dash challenge, since Challenge #1 actually. Thirty challenges later, I have found the right "kick in the butt" - Uniko Studio is sponsoring this Craft Dash. And who can say no to playing along to this kind of mashup?


I'm so deathly afraid of this challenge, because I take a long while coming up with a card. I fuss around, I glue things on my own sweet time, it takes forever to fussy cut everything…but that's generally how card making is for me. It's the me-time where I get to relax and do something fun & creative, so I never feel like I'm in a hurry. 

This challenge tho had me shaking in my socks. So I planned, and I planned some more, and I bounced ideas with my dear friend Mary Dawn (big kudos to her for being an amazing inspiration) while hanging out with her on video chat. I sketched it out, I laid out all the items that I need in a neat little pile. And I checked over it again meticulously.

Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies

Then I took a deep breath and hit the "start" button my iPhone Stopwatch

Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies
Stamps: (Stunning Snowflakes) Uniko Studio
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Basic White, Raspberry Fizz) Papertrey Ink; (navy flecked card stock) stash; (Fitzgerald Add-On Kit: My Mind's Eye) Studio Calico
Ink: (Perfect Match Pigment Ink - Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink
Embellishments: (Designer Dies - Snowflakes) Uniko Studio; (Twill Tape - Raspberry Fizz; Stamper's Select Vellum) Papertrey Ink; (Tiny Twinkle - Multicolor) Taylored Expression; (Creative Cuts - Dainty Bow) Mama Elephant


So confession time: I made the bow beforehand. I got this cute little die from Mama Elephant and I had never made one of those bows, so I played with it. I was putting it together, and don't think I would have made it under 10min if it wasn't already pre-made. So that was my cheat…don't tell anyone ;) But isn't it cute?

The rest was a mad dash - literally. Die cut snowflakes. Glue the yellow panel down, snip the snowflake top off to retro-fit for the ribbon, tape the ribbon down on the backside, glue the snowflake down. Glue the center in. Add the bow, add the twinkles (Thank heavens for Sakura glue pens and Tweezers), and stamp the sentiment on. Done.

Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies

Are you tired yet? That's how I felt after that. It was a challenge to fit as much as possible in the ten minutes allotted. I hope you give this a try - it's quite a fabulous, fun and refreshing way to make a card. It definitely shakes things up :) Thanks Paulina for having us along. Oh and I am sure you wanna see the time…Yikes. If I had to deal die cut and assemble the bow, I would not be very lucky.



Check out the amazing creations by the other girls by either going to Paulina's blog, or Bev's blog…! And in case you are wondering what is at stake?



10 comments:

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Its beautiful.Loved that ribbon and the tiny bow and pretty colours.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

This is beautiful!

~amy~ said...

Well, it turned out fabulous! Love the design! Such an awesome snowflake and bow!

Betty said...

Also deine Karte schaut echt klasse aus und wahnsinn, dass du das in unter 10 Minuten geschafft hast. Und der Spruch ist ja auch super schön :-). Viele liebe Grüße, Betty

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh I really love the colors in this card, really bold and striking!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a lovely card!
So fun having you play along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

Paulina said...

I am so in love with this card. That snowflake is a must have! Also, that little bow is so stinkin' cute...I literally just got it in the mail and cannot wait to use it. This whole card is fab and I truly mean that. Bravo Ren-Yi!

Andrea Garland said...

Love your card Ren-Yi that little bow and the ribbon are amazing. Each detail is well thought. Thanks for playing with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash.

Rachel Izakowicz said...

This is gorgeous! Love the simple design and bold image. Thanks for joining us at the 10 MInute Craft Dash!

Caryn said...

Stunning design - love that snowflake!

Great to have you joining in with us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails