Thursday, November 7, 2013

[Little Tangles] Challenge #24 - Shaped Cards

Hi everyone! I'm off travelling for work again, so I'm hoping that this post goes live without a hitch. This week is an exciting week because we want to highlight another great card drive card that is near and dear to my heart!


If you know Vera Yates, then you know what a sweetheart she is. I have had a chance to work with her every year since she started this fabulous card drive. And I am always one of the lucky recipients to bring a box of cards to our local Assisted Living and it's so amazing to see the smiles spread on those folk's face. So please consider making your cards for this great cause in mind...


Here is my weak attempt at a Shaped Card. I really wanted to try these dies out by Mama Elephant, and this is what resulted...

Holiday Cheer
Stamps: (Simple Christmas) Neat & Tangled
Paper: (Heavy Card Stock - Speckled) Avery Elle; (Perfect Match Card Stock - Pure Poppy) Papetrey Ink
Ink: (Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen) Ranger; (Shadow Ink - Field Greens Mid-tone, Forever Green Mid-tone, Red Royal Mid-tone) Hero Arts; (Creative Color - Hazelnut) Mama Elephant
Embellishments: (Glossy Accents) Ranger; (Christmas Words Dies) Paper Smooches; (Creative Cuts - Femme Frame) Mama Elephant


I made this card during a little crafty get-together, so I got try a bunch of different supplies out that I didn't have in my stash, including new inks, dies and a bunch of other fun products. It's a pretty CAS card and I love how the Neat & Tangled Simple Christmas has those fun little boughs, pine cones and berries to make a fun Christmas or harvest-themed creation. I love how they are appropriate for any audience.

Holiday Cheer

That's all I have for you. Go see the other girls' creations. They will surely have many inspirations for you...

Here is the reader's digest version.
  • Challenge ends Nov 17, 2013, 11:59p EST; Check back for the winners
  • Prize is ONE Neat & Tangled Stamp set of your choice to a random player
  • Neat & Tangled stamps are not required on your entry, but we would love to see you use them. If you would like to use some Neat & Tangled products but haven't had a chance to buy any, we have a couple of freebies on the Little Tangles site. Enjoy!
Can't wait to see your creations. We will also have a fun guest post up in the near future. Have a fun day!

    7 comments:

    ~amy~ said...

    It's a gorgeous card Ren-Yi!

    Miriam Prantner said...

    Such a pretty card! I love how you did the branch, with all the trimmings!

    Betty said...

    Das ist wirklich eine sehr bezaubernde Karte. Gefällt mir Ren-Yi :-)

    Charlene B. said...

    This is awesome, Ren-Yi!

    quilt4fun2 said...

    Beautiful job. The sentiment is so pretty. I also like the fabulous swag with pine cones and berries. Very nice.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    Gitte said...

    Soooo süß

    Lg urmels

    Gitte said...

    Soooo süß

    Lg urmels

    Related Posts with Thumbnails