Wednesday, June 18, 2014

[Uniko Studio] Challenge No. 11 - A Little Something...


Hi everyone - I can't believe the amazing turn-out on the last challenge. I hope we see a bunch of entries like we had last time. Let' see what you think of this month's challenge and color combo...

Photo Credit: Design Seed

And our theme this challenge is Happy Birthday
. I decided to pull out a fun, older Background Builders: Squared set.

A Little Something

I only inked up a portion of the squares on my bock and then masked off any parts to make sure I got a nice clean 8x8 grid - stamped it a total of 4 times and lined them up. A tip is to take your time when lining them up. I absolutely love clear stamps exactly for this reason. I also wanted to color the grid in both violet and blue hues (for some reason, I only remembered the violet geode rock from the picture - and that's what I went with ;)

I wanted to play around with some mosaic and tiling concept, picked 2 hues of blue and 2 hues of violet. Then I added some interest by shading in each square slightly different.

A Little Something

The card is finished by adding a little wood veneer piece that I inked up with some pigment ink and then placed as a visual and spatial break, followed by a simple sentiment. Voila and I call it done!

A Little Something

Please also check out the rest of the girl's cards and leave them a sweet comment or two. Remember you don't have to use all the colors - any or all as an inspiration.

Lastly, a few helpful things to remember:
  • Challenge ends Jul 14th, 2014, 11:59p BST; Check back for the winners after
  • Prize is £10 Gift Certificate to the random Winner & a Guest Design spot on our following challenge
  • Three people will win a spotlight
  • We would like you to use a Uniko Studio product; If you don't have any, check out the freebies here
I hope to see you play along, so that I can pop in on your lovely blogs! See you soon.


2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this modern design! Great color choices and love how you colored that zigzag veneer!

Clipping Path said...

I'm personally a big fan of smallhanded blog. Thanks for sharing this post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails