Thursday, February 2, 2012

[Paperplay Challenge] No. 5 - Get In Shape

Note: If you are looking for DYSU challenge - please keep scrolling :)

Hello again! Trying to squeak in my second post of the day. And we have special news for you! Today at PaperPlay Challenge we have two amazing new designers starting with us. Please welcome Frances and Kenzi. Both are amazing designers, and am so happy to be designing along side with them! This week they are debuting with Shaped Cards.

This is my take and it's a shout-out for Valentine's Day...


Love
Stamps: (Mega Mixed Messages) Papertrey Ink
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - True Black) Papertrey Ink; (Hazel Collection) My Mind's Eye
Ink: (Perfect Match Pigment Ink - Fresh Snow) Papertrey Ink
Embellishments:  (Round Paper Doily - Style 1) Dudley & Tyler; (Hazel Collection - Decorative Brads) My Mind's Eye; (Artists' Color Acrylic Series - Brilliant White) Utrecht; (Sewing Thread - White) Gütermann; (Nestabilities - Classic Heart, Classic Scalloped Heart) Spellbinders


I'm trying a new style here with the shaped card concept. I wanted to whip out my sewing machine and try doing some zig-zaggy stitch to get my the doily down onto the card. I also am liking the acrylic paint as ways to add texture without adding bulk. I'm adding acrylic paint into my arsenal for flat, oversees cards ;) If you have any other tips & techniques to share to adds to the flat card concept, please share.

Love

Anyways, here is hoping that you have a few inspirations for our shaped cards. Please check out the other PPC girls have prepared for this challenge and hope to see you link up your exciting project.

Our sponsors this week:

10 comments:

Deirdre said...

Ren-Yi, I love, love, love it! Beautiful shaped card.

Pauline said...

This is so cool! A really great card, love that zig zag stitching!

Ines said...

Hi Ren-Yi,

total schön! Wundervoll. Gefällt mir sehr.

Danke fürs Zeigen.

Liebe Grüße, ines

Céline said...

so stunning Ren-Yi, as usual ! love the combo and layout
hugs
céline

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Ren Yi, I love the simple elegance of this one
Hugs Julie P

Frances said...

Thank You Ren-Yi!! Hugs, Frances.

Unknown said...

O wow this is amazing.... what a style, love it so much. Hugs Dora xxx

Basslady said...

i love this card so much!

wonderful valentine-card with a sweet shape!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love the shape and how you used the doily.


~Cheryl~

**Check out my February Blog Candy**

Elisa said...

Beautiful!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails