Saturday, February 18, 2012

[Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party] Feb'12 - Spring is Here

Hello everyone and thank you for stopping by! I'm so glad that Claire and the team gave us all 24 hours to link our projects up. It accommodates the crazy, unpredictable schedule that some of us have! I was playing catch up this week in almost every aspect of life, but had an idea buzzing around in my head for this  Spring theme. I'm glad I finally got to have a moment at my crafting desk to whip it out. I hope you enjoy it!

Spring is Here
Stamps: (PicNic Patterns, Very Vintage Label No. 10) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Vintage Cream, Fresh Linen) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin - No. 1 Chewing Gum, No. 4 Lemon Drop, No. 5 Chicken Feed, No. 11 Brown Sugar) Ranger
Embellishments: (Inkssential Glossy Accents) Ranger; (Tiny Twinkles - Multicolor) Taylored Expressions


Have you seen the fun spring colors that many of the fashion companies are bringing out? If you been sneaking peeks into Banana Republic's or J.Crew's windows, they have bursting with bold, fresh, loud colors. In fact, I blogged a while back about this crazy bold orange that is popping as center stage everywhere. Therefore, my interpretation of the Spring season are to use as many of the bold, fresh, and loud colors I have seen...

Spring is Here

I wanted to create a focal point and thought a blue flower as a center piece with a frame was the way to go. It resulted in giving my dusty Very Vintage Label No. 10 stamps some love. This oval-esque shape seemed the most pleasing. 

I also love stretching my Waltzingmouse stamps, and decided to give each flower different heights by lining up the "leaf & stem" image and stamping it multiple times. To line the "leaf & stem" up accurately, I inked up the image, stamped off the bottom leaf and lined it up with the top-most leaf that was already stamped onto the card stock. This ensures that the leaf that I was lining it up against, didn't get inked twice (i.e., preventing the leaf from looking darker). 

Lastly, each flower that sits on a stem got an extra lil special treatment. I glossed them up, which is difficult to see in the pictures. But in real life, it makes the flowers pop like lil epoxies. I like the look, and I can imagine making a whole set to bundle off as a gift... what do you think?

I can't wait to see all your projects and am tickled beyond joy that I can partake in my favorite all-time stamping event! It's really been a while and I know I will be in for a treat, because this party has heaps of talent and great inspirations. In advance, thanks for sharing!

21 comments:

Deirdre said...

So bright and colourful Ren-Yi, love it. Got the recipe card earlier this week - will complete and send back to you. I am chasing my tail this week too... boys on mid term. Hugs to you, Dee

Cassie_lu said...

how clever to frame the center flower. great card.

Pauline said...

A lovely springy card Ren Yi, such cheery colours, and the label looks fabulous!

Karen M said...

In the words of a WMS sentiment this card is so 'fabby'! Love your colours and the focal point of the card! Kx

Kary said...

Gorgeous Spring blooms, Ren-Yi!! Love the colours and such a sweet design. Have a fab weekend!

Bumblebee said...

Love these flowers and how you have framed the main one!

JJ Bolton said...

Bring on the bold colors, love it! It's so bright and cheery!

Super Jen said...

Neat background.

Renee said...

So glad you could make it...
such a fun and fabby card with all the bright bold colors...
love it! :)

Julia Aston said...

Love your wall of flowers on this Ren-Yi - what pretty colors!

Deborah Frings said...

I love your flower bed with gorgeous flowers! The central blue flower is fab!

Charmaine Stack said...

Thanks for explaining your flower synthesis process. Great idea to stretch use of our stamps. I like the epoxy effect. A very pretty spring card.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oooo, what a clever design, I like it a lot!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Karin Åkesdotter said...

FABULOUS!!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh if only showers in springtime were like your card! It would be so nice to see pretty colorful blossoms coming from the sky instead of big fat raindrops :) So happy and fun, love that image you used!

LaurieJ said...

I love your pretty little flower garden! The frame is fabulous and I love that some of the flowers are glossy.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How utterly charming!! Love your turquoise flower as the focal point!! Beautiful!

Helen Berry said...

Ren-Yi this is is a wonderful spring card - those flowers look so sweet stamped in a row and the label/frame looks fabulous!

Cassi said...

love how your flowers look like watercolor, so very pretty!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a wonderful card, Ren-Yi! I love the glossy accents and that framed flower in the center is so cute!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

What a fun card, I love the colors and the way you framed the center flower!

Chris L.

Related Posts with Thumbnails