Thursday, April 12, 2012

[DYSU] Challenge #67 - Bling or Glitter

Good morning, everyone! Easter came and went. Do all these calendar milestones happen so fast? I probably should not admit that I have a few Easter cards sitting on my desk to be mailed off... Oooops. So how did you spend your Easter? Mine was very relaxing, and we went to see Hunger Games (which was not so relaxing). I think the movie was really well made, but the topic is pretty heavy - I mean 12-16 year olds battling each other, until one stands? Yikes...

In the meantime, my cough could be gone by now, but it must feel so attached to me, because I can't seem to get rid of it! Any home cough remedies? I've been sucking those Ricola cough drops like they are my favorite candies.

But we're here for a challenge, instead of my babble ;) We are working with Glitter or Bling this week. Can I be super honest with you? I like glitter, but I do not like working with it. It gets everywhere, it follows you out of the craft room, into the bedroom, into the living room, into the work place, onto my laptop, onto my hunny, onto my cats. Just when you think you're done with it, it appears one glimmer fleck at a time...



But the challenge says glitter, so I will be a good sport and bust it out. Plus, it's probably the only way I will make a dent into my big set of essential glitter collection.
Hello
Stamps: (Lovely Apple) Hope Jacare
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - White) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Card Stock - White) Recollections
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin No. 11 - Brown Sugar) Ranger
Embellishments: (Double Sided Ultra Sticky Clear Tape - 3.5mm) Stix2; (Essential Colos Glitters - Garnet, Onyx, Peridot) Martha Stewart; (Sickles - Xmas Red) Ranger; (Point 88) Stabilo; (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor


I decided the apple and the hearts had to be glittered up. Since the outline was so faint in contrast, I decided to run a fine-tip black Stabilo pen around it. This what the center looks like after finished...

Hello

After that I wanted to try this technique I have seen a while, where double-sided sticky tape is doused with glitter. The results look clean and amazing. I'm happy to report that it is as easy as laying down the sticky strips, and one at a time coating them with glitter and tapping off the excess. Voila! In the words of the Waltzingmouse mistress, "easy peasy, lemon squeaky."

So that's all I have for you today; go check out the amazing creations by the talented DT. And I look forward to seeing your creations!


Our sponsors this week:

Winner's Choice 5 Images

Winner’s Choice of 3 Images

$25 Gift Certificate

3 comments:

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Ren Yi, a great CAS design.

Unknown said...

love that cool, clean look. You did better than me
xxx

Oscar said...

Such a pretty CAS card, love the glittered stripes x

Related Posts with Thumbnails