Wednesday, April 18, 2012

[Waltzingmouse Blog Party] New Beginnings

Hello everyone! It's time for my all-time favorite stamping event. This is one waltz or blog hop that got me addicted to stamping and paper crafting. The huge fun with the amazing girls and the amazing inspiration by all the Waltzingmouse fans and design team members that join in, really makes this a special place to get new ideas and ways to look at your stamps. I ran out of time last month so I didn't get to join, but this month I had my card done by April 7 - ten whopping days before it was due. That's because I checked the theme like a good lil girl...we're celebrating New Beginnings theme. I'm glad I finally got to have a moment at my crafting desk to whip it out. I hope you enjoy it!

Wee Little Baby
Stamps: (Compact Sentiments; Sewing Box - Hugs, Chicken Wire) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Spring Moss, Lemon Zest) Papertrey Ink; (Nantucket Collection) Pink Paislee; (vintage cardstock) scrap
Ink: (Memento - London Fog) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Ribbons - Rose Trim) Prima; (Nestabilities - Classic Circle Scallops Small, Labels No. 18) Spellbinders; (Twill Ribbon - Lemon Zest) Papertrey Ink; (Embossing Floss) DMC


I am so in love with this Chicken Wire stamp. When I got my package of new goodies to play with, that was the first one I inked up and then inked up again about five more times after that. (I think it hasn't left my desk yet. Which stamp set has found a 'permanent' home on your crafting desk?) I made the rest inspired by the gray chicken wire on green card stock and the theme of new Baby, since so many of my friends are having their first child!

Wee Little Baby

Sewing Box Hugs is the perfect stamp set to add a lil baby charm. I decided to stamp this little guy three times on some pattern paper, cut out each layer to stack him to give it a little bit of dimension. Then I paper pierced each stamped stitch along the pattern paper and then threaded each layer with some embossing floss. This card took so much hard labor and much love, that this will be going to a special family! ;) Adding the embossing floss around the perimeter of the bird takes patience and dedication - so don't dive into it thinking it'll be quick ... (yeah i don't know who would think that... ahem) but I do love the results: it's truly sewing box hugs :)

The ribbon trim from Prima and the Lemon Zest twill ribbon makes a great grounding element for the little bird and a separator to add the label panel for the sentiment. The label is a Labels No. 18 from Spellbinders that I cut into half. I wish the embossing on the label came through more...


Wee Little Baby

Since I wanted this lil cute bird to pop more, I added a cream card stock from my scrap stash to make it pop a tad. The paper piercing around the scallop was probably me getting a little "paper piercing happy" after all that piercing from the bird ;)

Hope you love this little creation... I can't wait to see all of yours. In the meantime I want to hear what your go-to gift is for a new baby if the couple doesn't have a registry...I'll be making my rounds soon! Thanks for inspiring!

16 comments:

Pauline said...

This is really beautiful Ren Yi, I love the stitched edgin around the bird, must have taken you ages! Great colour scheme, and I love your rolled roses!

Kelly S. said...

EEK, that whip-stitching is amazing! I just love that birdie paired with the chicken wire stamps! That soft green, yellow, and gray combination is so much fun for a baby card. And what lovely roses! Beautiful job, Ren-Yi...so glad you were an early bird this month, hee ;)!!

Super Jen said...

Wow! Real live stitching? Amazing. Also adore those gorgeous flowers.

Sharron said...

Awesome card! I love the green & yellow and how soft & pretty they are with the gray. The little bird is perfect with the chicken wire and so beautifully done with the hand stitching! There is so much love put into your card--it is fabulous!

Helen Berry said...

Oh wow Ren-Yi your card is just amazing - the stitching is wonderful on that little birdie and I love that you used the chicken wire background with it too! I'm drooling over that beautiful rose trim as well x

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, there is so much to comment on here and you used my all-time favorite image...that sweet little bird. I am going to be pinning this one because I definitely want to try to stitch on mine now! I love those ribbon roses and I agree with you about the chickenwire. It is such a versatile set and your card has made me realize I HAVE to order it!

Unknown said...

Love the chicken wire but your roses are fabulous! Awesome card!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! I love the chicken wire stamp!

Bumblebee said...

Wow, this is stunning, and the extra effort you made stitching around your little bird is so worth it! I am also falling in love with the chicken wire stamp, its so versatile! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

WOW!! Your stitching is amazing!! And I love how you paired the chicken wire background with the bird image and beautiful roses!!

Renee said...

Love the Sewing Box Hugs with the chicken wire...
so fabulous!!
And what incredible stitching...
I die!!

Kary said...

Ren-Yi, your baby card is so gorgeous!! Love the little bird with the awesome stitching. Such a delightful card.
I'm not good at buying baby gifts, I always end up giving the mum a treat instead ;) Have a lovely day!!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! you stitched it!!!! it looks fabby!! I love that you did this Ren-Yi, it's a cracking fresh card but the stitching just bowled me over!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!!

Marlena M. said...

Ren-Yi this is BEAUTIFUL. I love the rose row and that gorgeous stitched bird. This is quite a treasure!

Charmaine Stack said...

Ren-Yi, such a great idea putting that chicken wire together with the Sewing Box bird. Your efforts with the embroidery floss really paid off. Gifts I like to give: an engraved baby spoon or mug (you need to wait until baby is named); Beatrix Potter baby china set (my 27 year old DD still uses the plate from hers); baby massage session with an RMT; and spa gift card for Mum. Have fun shopping for baby!

Elisa said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. The stitched bird must have taken ages to finish but it was well worth, I think this card deserves to be framed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails