Thursday, April 19, 2012

[DYSU] Challenge #68 - Stripes

Good morning, everyone! Time for another challenge with DYSU. I'm going to get right down to business since I am a little on a time crunch. We are going Stripes this week. So bust out your pattern papers, stamps, markers, pencils, embellishments...anything to pull of a fun stripy pattern!


This week I'm working with a one of our sponsor images. It's a cute little bakery and I was having a tough time thinking how I can bring out stripes in this dear little image. So i decided to make a backgrounds of strips with pattern paper that was stripey.


Birthday Wishes
Stamps: (Cupcake Bakery Digital Stamp) The Stamping Boutique; (Eat Cake) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - White) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Card Stock - White) Recollections; (Dots & Stripes) Echo Park
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin No. 11 - Brown Sugar) Ranger
Embellishments: (Gelly Roll - White) Sakura; (Sticklers - Diamond) Ranger; (Border Punch - Scalloped Sentiment) Fiskars


I wanted to create a fun background and repeat those colors into the bake shoppe. To make the cupcakes pop more, I decided to shade in the structure of the house in gray. To give the cupcakes a little more pizzaz I gave them a little of the Stickles treatment. These Stickles were still sitting out from last week's DYSU Glitter projects, so I decided to use them.

Birthday Wishes

The whole bakery is grounded on a piece of brown sentiment strip. And since the digi has a nice scalloped border along the bakery, I thought I would mimic it using my border punch. A quick sentiment on the sentiment banner and the card is done.


Birthday Wishes


So that's all I have for you today; please check out the amazing creations by the talented DT and welcome our guest designers. And I look forward to seeing your creations!


Our sponsors this week:

£10 voucher

Winner's Choice of 5 Digis

A "Toodle Club Membership" and a free Toodle Birthday Calendar.

3 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

What a fun bright happy card!! I adore the stripes in the background and love how you colored your bakery!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a perfect - and fun - take on that cool picture! LOVE it!
Have a great week, hugs, Karin

Jan Garber said...

Very bright, cheerful card! I would love to stop there for a bite! LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails