Friday, July 23, 2010

Birthday Wishes with Tea Bag Tag

Note: If you are looking for the Scrap Our Stash - Christmas in July Blog Hop, please see this post. The blog hop is open until Sunday July 26, 21:00 Eastern Time, and prizes are at stake!

My mom requested a birthday card to be sent for a friend's special birthday. So, I whipped out the next Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge. I was determined to figure something out, since this sketch had a twist: add a tag.


I was smitten by my Waltzingmouse Afternoon Tea stamps when I inked them up for the first time, that I made a mental note to ink 'em up as soon as I could. 

Birthday Wishes
Stamps: Afternoon Tea (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper: Key Ingredient Kit - Petals & Paisley (Taylored Expressions), Basic Card Stock - Cream (Recollections)

Ink: Earth Elements - Chocolate Chip (Stamping Up!), Brilliance - Pearlescent Beige(Tsukineko), Perfect Match Pigment Ink - Orange Zest (Papertrey Ink)
Embellishments: Special Value Ribbon - Orange (Michaels), Nestabilities - Labels Four (Spellbinders)


The first part was to brainstorm up a concept for my label. I am partial to my Label Four nesties and was toying with the idea of using the WMS Afternoon Tea stamp set. The cute cups 'o tea immediately jumped into my eye and I pictured my mom and her friend sharing a cup of coffee, tea or cocoa. That image conveyed an "intimate friendship" and that is what I wanted to capture with the two cups.

The one technique I tried was "stamp kissing" my WMS Very Vintage Label No. 1 polka dot frame onto the tea cups to give them more texture. I also "vintaged" up my label by dabbing them with some Brilliance Beige ink.

At this point I remembered having some Tazo teabags in my tea stash, and ran off to see what flavors I had left: green tea, orange pekoe, and earl grey. They were each wrapped in a distinct colored wrapper. I decided I liked the Orange Pekoe the best and ended up attaching the label to the tea bag.

This is when a pull out tea bag came into fruition. Color scheme and pattern paper all came together and viola!

Birthday Wishes

I hope my mom's friend likes it :) What are your favorite teas? Do spill...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is gorgeous, What a neat tag!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Charmaine Stack said...

Great use of the tag shoulder! The kissed dots is a fun idea. I love the colour scheme and the Tazo tea bag. I like all sorts of tea, but my recent fave is a loose black and peach tea from a local tea emporium. I think I need to brew some up for iced tea and see how that is.

dstandard said...

What a great use of the tag! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Related Posts with Thumbnails