Thursday, July 22, 2010

Christmas in July Blog Hop

My first blog hop ever! Scrap Our Stash is hosting a Christmas in July blog hop. The thought of Christmas and July has already made me cringe, since we are more than half way done with the year. Less than five months to plan for Christmas, and in between we have Halloween and Turkey Day. Notice all the holiday gear in the craft stores? However, the incessant amount of crafting and blog browsing has kept me indoors from all the heat and humidity. So I shouldn't complain too much ;)

Have you enjoyed all that you have seen thus far? If you did not hop over here from Tere's wonderful blog, then you must start at the very beginning.

I have three cards to share with you today. They are pretty straight-forward, but I hope you feel inspired by some of them.
Christmas in July

Christmas in July

Christmas in July
Stamps: Multi Step Christmas Lights (Kitchen Sink Stamps)
Paper: Basic Card Stock (Gina K)
Ink: Various Momentos (Tsukineko)
Embellishments: Gems, Ribbon, Silver Thread


These cards were actually made at the Stamping Around workshop a while back so I didn't have a chance to write down all the card deets. It was through Julie Masse that I learned about these Kitchen Sink Stamps. These stamps are a little different because they require multi stamping steps to stamp one image to give it that depth (more close-ups my flickr page). These stamps are actually made by stamping a bunch of monochromatic colors in a given order to give each Christmas light bulb its depth. A great alternative to not color... And Kitchen Sink Stamps are wonderful, since they always have a recipe sheet handy.

I hope these inspire you to get on the Christmas creations bandwagon...After all, isn't Christmas one of the greatest magical holiday of all?

Now, off you go to visit Monica (Scrappy77).

PS: If you haven't found the secret word, look for a word that stands out in this post ;) Happy Scavenger Hunt...You have until Sunday July 25, 9pm Eastern time to piece to phrase together and leave a comment on Scrap Our Stash

17 comments:

Tere Azua said...

What do you mean by They are pretty straight-forward? they are gorgeous!!!!!
So bright and cheerful!!!!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea the christmas lights were stamped util I read your post. OMG...WOW! I love them!

Pink Cricut said...

wow! I love all the cards--and love that stamping technique! :)
www.pinkcricut.com

Unknown said...

Great cards!!! Those light bulbs look great.

Laurie Marmon said...

These cards are awesome. Glad you got to share them! I didn't know they were stamped until I read your post. How cool.

Betty said...

These beautiful cards have inspired me to get started on my cards for this year. Thanks so much!

Kimmarie Baker said...

Your cards are so cheery! I love the blub stamp, looks like fun to work with. tfs

Tina said...

Love your cards! Great Job!

CreativeChretin said...

Love all the Christmas light stamps! Christmas lights are one of my favorite parts of Christmas. You're cards are fabulous!

Wendy K. said...

These cards are so bright, perfect for the holidays!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! The lights strand is sooooooooo cute!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

Love all the cards you made! so simple and quick to make. am off to read your tutorial on how to create depth using stamp. thank for sharing.

Monica said...

Wow gorgeous cards!! My cards are so simple and plan compared to these! And the stamping is very neat, love the look!
Monica

Kath said...

I have to go see those stamps - great cards - I'm always looking for ideas - thanks.

Joni Parker said...

These cards are gorgeous... love those bulbs!!

Get the Picture by Kathy said...

These cards are awesome - I love the lights - they have such dimension to them. They don't at all look like they were stamped.

Later,
Kathy

CStrickler said...

You always make such gorgeous cards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails