Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dad - You're the Best

So it's finally safe to post this card :) With my brother's new job, my dad's travel schedule, and my travel schedule, my mom was ready to throw her hands up in the air when we were trying to plan a Father's Day outing. After much delay, we finally got together, two weeks later. I had this card created for my dad and did not wanted to post it here before he had a chance to see it. Evidently, my dad found my blog and has been commenting regularly in our conversations about my card-making abilities (e.g., "Why don't you open your own card store?") Isn't that just so sweet?

For this card, I knew that I wanted to try Erin's origami shirt tutorial from Schlosser Designs. If you have not checked out her site, hop on over. She has such great ideas for sewing and stamping that makes gifting or every-day. And she has great tutorials that she posts up every Tuesday. My next project will be a passport cover, since I travel so darn much. And Lilo (the Sewing Machine) needs to exercise more ;)

But I detract...without further ado I present a 100% Erin-inspired card:
Dad - You're the Best Card
Paper: Lucky Teal Cards & Envelopes (Creative Imaginations), Card Stock Scrap Pack - Brown  (Recollections), Offbeat (Basic Grey)
Ink: Earth Elements - Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Embellishments: Emboss A2 - Spots & Dots (Provo Craft), Jute Packaging Twine (Westim Crafts), Ribbon - Kingfisher (Paperchase)

Dad really loved it - especially the tie. Since I could not find an appropriate place to add the sentiment, I just stamped a sentiment "Dad - you're the best" in the card.

Are your family events also hard to plan? What is your secret to getting everyone together?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails