Saturday, July 17, 2010

July WMS Blog Waltz


Two-Three-One, Two-Three-One, Two-Three-One ... In case you are wondering why I'm counting (or what I'm counting), that's me joining this July's Waltzingmouse Stamps' Blog Waltz (or blog hop). It's a once-a-month deal-io to show Claire how much we love her and showcase our mouse-pride. This month's theme was to celebrate the colors of summer with green and blue.

The first thought was to grab my trusty Free Spirit - Boy stamp set, because blue and green screams ocean and surf board, no? But I had to literally get my left arm to yank the right hand off the stamp set that it was already desperately clasping. So, with much discipline I decided to turn to my "time to ink up new stamps" policy. Yes - new stamps require love!

There amidst my pile of creative chaos, my new Asian Gardens Addition stamp set were pleading to be played with. One look and I was reminded why I had to get the stamp set: the bridge. So in as an Ode to the Bridge:
Hello Friend Card
Stamps: Asian Gardens (Waltzingmouse Stamps), Asian Gardens Addition (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper: Basic Card Stock - White (Recollections)
Ink: Pigment Ink - Black (Colorbox), Brilliance - Pearlescent Lime (Tsukineko), Perfect Match Pigment Ink - Hawaiian Shore(Papertrey Ink)
Embellishments: Taylor's Tiny Twinkles - Multicolors (Taylored Expressions), 1" Corner Rounder (EK Success)


Ode to the Bridge and Asian Gardens stamps really screams Haiku, doesn't it? So I leave you with


Enjoy the summer
With ice cream and waltzing mice
On a shaded bridge.

Leave me a Haiku if you feel inspired to do so :)

P.S. I really would like to send some of these cards out into the big, wide world to bring smiles to some wonderful faces. Otherwise, these cards will just mold away or get dusty. So I've been thinking of finding a group of gals to create a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) group. What better group then to join forces with some of my fellow Waltzingmouse stampers? If you're still reading this and are interested, there is a thread on the WMS Forum's Stamping Room. So, come join the fun! This could be great...

25 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Great card! Love this set too!

Antje said...

Love your card - has such a fresh look! The brigde is making a wonderful focal point!TFS

Lynn Mercurio said...

Outstanding...I just adore this set and I love how you added all the blossoms to create your background. Lovely!

Sandie said...

Great card!! I just love that sweet sentiment.

Jennifer Holmes said...

Nice job...love the fresh colors you used for your blossoms!

Julia Aston said...

Your Asian garden is so cool and inviting!

Summer sun
warms my face
cool river
soothes my soul

How's that?!!

Helen Berry said...

those flowers are so pretty - beautiful card c

Jen said...

Such a peaceful place
There on the surrounded bridge
Blue and green flowers.

ok, I'm not much of a writer but I do love the little scene you created with the Asian Garden stamps. I'm so glad you stuck to your New Stamp policy :)

Thank you for sharing

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card. Love all the white space with pops of color and black. So striking!

Joyce across the Pond said...

I'm so glad I have this set...but haven't had time to play...hope I can get near your skill....great job....
Branches blossoming
Shimmering in blue and green
Shading the bridge.

O.K.??

Joyce

Ann said...

I've used the "ink up an old stamp set" policy for my entry ;o) Love your card - those blossoms are just perfect and I'd love to walk over that little bridge into that lovely garden!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty! The blue & green Asian flowers look so precious!

Unknown said...

hat a genius idea to use the bridge for your sentiment panel, I love that you cut it out around the top and put the sentiment underneath!! FAB! Thank you so much for waltzing with us @ Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Fabulous Ren-Yi! I love going with the "not obvious"! Great choice of stamp sets to work with!

I'm good at making up silly songs, but not so much haikus. Yours is marvelous! And what a nice idea to start a WMS RAK group. You're a star!

Wendy said...

Great job. You rocked this challenge. Love that stamp set.

Charmaine Stack said...

Wonderful card and poem, too!

Pauline said...

Lovely card, feels very springy with the fresh greens and blues.

Rachel Webber said...

love the card, those flowers all over the background look like blossom falling in spring, just amazing!

Joanne Gilch said...

Beautiful card....love it.

Vera said...

Love the scene you've created here, and also your wonderful Haiku!

Lynne Phelps said...

Peaceful summer card
Flowers blooming over bridge
Everything serene

Helen L said...

so pretty!! love the colors you chose to do the flowers in!!

Heidi said...

Great job! I love the crispness of your colors and layout.

anya said...

Love this! Such a summery, happy card! So glad you could waltz with us!

Helen L said...

Love you card, the colors make it so refreshing, and I LOVE your Haiku!! You're so creative!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails