Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Wheelbarrow Full of "Hi"

Guess what time it is? Yep - Another installment of the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! If you have seen the inspiration from the WMS DT team, there was a theme for their WMSC #7 inspirations. I was stalking the WMS DT's sites regularly, since Claire mentioned something about an early August release - and Oh boy are they talented! Let's just say that they did such a fabulous job, I'm tapping my foot impatiently for my sets to arrive. ;) Anyways, we were talking about a sketch, so here is this week's challenge:

Looks harmless, right? Actually, I started with one idea, scrapped that after I realized my "square" was too large for my card. Started a second idea, only to scrap that because I didn't like it. In the end, I was determined to use up my pattern paper stack, and carved viciously at my Cosmo Cricket Earth Love Pack, until this happened:

Hi
Stamps: Can Ya Dig it? (My Favorite Things), Rescue Remedies (Waltzingmouse Stamps), Victorian Fripperie (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper: Basic Card Stock - Creme (Recollections), Earth Love (Cosmo Cricket), Textured Card Stock - Grey (?)
Ink: Perfect Match Pigment Ink - Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink), Momento - Summery Sky (Tsukineko), Brilliance - Pearlescent Orange (Tsukineko), Earth Elements - Summer Sun (Stamping Up!), Pigment Ink - Black (Colorbox)
Embellishments: Nestabilities - Labels One (Spellbinders), Softcore Colored Pencils - PC946 Dark Brown (Prismacolor)

After all the false starts, I was flipping through the Cosmo paper pad, to realize that those flowers kept re-occuring in the Earth Love line. I wanted to mimic the colors and the flowers, but just make them bolder. And, using my "must ink up new sets" policy, the little round sand dollars in the Rescue Remedies came in handy. Aren't the stamped flowers a little similar to the Cosmo paper? You don't have to answer ;)

Hi
On a more serious note to my fellow crafters, what get's you going at the craft table? When all fails, where to draw your inspiration from?

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Such a sweet card, love the ruffled banners, and the wheelbarrow full of blooms. I get inspired by lots of different things, but I definitely have to feel like making something before I sit at my craft table, sometimes my mojo goes walkies and takes a while to return! xx

Nicole said...

Wieder mal eine sehr hübsche und süße Karte!
Über die, würde ich mich auch sehr freuen!
XX
Nicole

Ruth M said...

Such a lovely, happy card, the flowers in the wheelbarrow are a fab touch! Love your ruffled strips!

anya said...

Super cute! I adore those flowers - I love how you used them here! Glad you could play along with the WMSC this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

So fresh & fun looking! The wheelbarrow full of those sweet lil' flowers looks darling! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's WMSC :)

Julia Aston said...

Very cute design Ren-Yi! love the pleated DP and the fun flowers in the wheel barrow! Thanks for playing with WMS this week!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love the end result - the pleated strips, the barrow full of somethings, it's really a cool card! As for creativity? I usually start by imitating someone I admire, then the creative juices start flowing and I can make other things that come from me. Like you, sometimes necessity is the mother of invention - - - trying to make it fit!

Helen L said...

Oh! i like this card!! you did great on interpreting the sketch!!
Helen

Related Posts with Thumbnails