Thursday, July 29, 2010

Welcome Home

My best friend is moving and I thought I would make her a card to make her feel more at home in her new place.  Since I wanted to play along with the Sugar Babies, I whipped out the next Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge:



Isn't this a fabulous sketch? Either the Sugar Babies have trained me well, or this one does not seem as intimidating. 

Welcome Home
Stamps: Wonderfully Whimsical (Papertrey Ink), Asian Gardens Addition (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper: Key Ingredient Kit - Winnie's Walls (Taylored Expressions), Basic Card Stock - Cream (Recollections), Basic Card Stock: Christmas Collection - Red (Recollections)

Ink: Earth Elements - Close to Cocoa (Stamping Up!), Pigment Ink - Black (Colorbox)
Embellishments: Rhinestones (Best Occasions), Ribbon Value Pack - Lime Green (Target), Nestabilities - Classic Small Ovals (Spellbinders), Nestabilities - Classic Scallop Ovals (Spellbinders), Softcore Colored Pencils - PC924 Crimson Red, PC946 Dark Brown, PC1005 Limepeel (Prismacolor), Double-ended Art Markers - Goldenrod (Prismacolor)


I had this inspiration to make the background of the panel look bland & dreary, and the house pop with color. However, I didn't want to make it black & white, and resorted with brown & white. The edge of the oval is also pencilled in with brown to give it a little "old" vintage feeling, although the aim was still to go with fresh colors. 

Welcome Home

Since I did not have a "Welcome Home" and the rest of the sentiments were too small on the "Wonderfully Whimsically" set to make a large label, I decided to make my own "Welcome Home" sentiment by combining sentiments off different sets. A quick run over the rhinestones with a yellow Prisma marker (shh - don't tell, but I didn't have a lime green marker to fit, but one can't really tell), and I declared it done. Now - here is hoping that she will like her new "Dr. Seuss" house.

What would your ideal Dr. Seuss house look like? What crazy color combos would you want?

7 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a fun card for your friend Ren-Yi! love that popped up house on the hill and the bright DP!

Nicole said...

Hi Ren-Yi!
Eine tolle Karte hast Du da gezaubert! Das Häuschen ist herzallerliebst!
XX
Nicole

Helen L said...

So, so, so cute: you did a beautiful job with all the little elements: I just love it!
( and by the way, congrats on winning the WMS stamp set: I'm going to look forward to what you'll cook up with it!!:-)

Pauline said...

Really cute card, love the little house, so sweet!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Hi Ren-Yi, it was great meeting you at CHA! You're so much fun to hang out with. :) Cute card!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Ren-Yi! That little paperpieced house looks darling :) It was so nice to meet you at CHA!

Dana said...

Das Häuschen ist so niedlich!
Tolle Karte.

Dana

Related Posts with Thumbnails