Thursday, September 6, 2012

[DYSU] Challenge #88 - Birthday

 

It's another challenge at DYSU today! I hope you had fun playing along with us last week. This will be short post since I'm a little short on time, but this week's theme is great because I'm always short on these kinds of cards: Birthday. Yep - have lots of family & friends whose birthday keep my little "sweat shop" year around busy.

Hoot Hoot Hooray
Stamps: (Owls2Love) The Stamps of Life
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - White) Papertrey Ink; (Classic Calico Vol.2) Studio Calico; (Follow Your Heart - Be Amazing, Follow your Heart - Be Happy) My Mind's Eye
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin - No. 11 Brown Sugar; Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Broken China) Ranger
Embellishments: (Woodgrain Washi) Freckled Fawn; (Adhesive Cork) Recollections; (Border Punch - Scalloped Sentiment) Fiskars; (Fine Point - Brown) Sakura Prismacolor


These cute owls are paper pieced and popped onto some cork. I love how they are looking at each other... And I love that I was able to use up some of my (much hoarded) My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart pattern paper. The cork was an amazing find by my crafty friends Elke at Michaels. The cork comes in a light, a dark, and one with script on it. The best part is that you can run this through a punch or die cut, pull the adhesive off, and stick it down. Easy peasy!

Hoot Hoot Hooray

The background is sponged with Broken China. I free-hand cut some curves and used them as a mask to get a cloud sky together.  Hope it tickles...Make sure to check out the other DYSU girls' creation and leave them some love. They really poured out their hearts on this project this week!

On a last note, if you're a regular reader, don't forget to answer the survey in the top right panel. A new QuAC poll is up :)

This week's sponsor:
The Stamps of Life
* Winner's Choice of 2 Stamp Sets


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card Ren-Yi!! Love the sponged sky and the cute owls. Hugs, Joan

Frances said...

Hi, RenYi! Very pretty card! Love the clouds background and those cute owls, Hugs, Frances.

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love the owls and your cloud background.

Related Posts with Thumbnails