Thursday, September 20, 2012

[DYSU] Challenge #89 - Use a Flag or Tab


Good morning, DYSU fans! Are you ready for another challenge? I'm still swamped at work and have not had much time to really get going on anything else. I hope you're enjoying the start of fall...I see the leaves falling already, when I commute to work and I'm looking forward to getting my first Pumpkin Spice Latte.

This week we have a fun little challenge: Use a Flag or Tab. It's a fun trend popping up everywhere...

Hooray!
Stamps: (Party Penguin) Meljen's Designs
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Fresh Linen) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Card Stock - White) Recollections; (Lost & Found - Breeze) My Mind's Eye
Ink: (Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Antique Linen) Ranger
Embellishments: (5/8" Saddle Stitch Ribbon - Hawaiian Shore, Aqua Mist) Papertrey Ink; (Lost & Found - Breeze); (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Essential Glitters - Turqoise) Martha Stewart; (Stickles - Gold) Ranger


I had this beautiful paper from My Mind's Eye sitting around and I picked my color scheme from there. I thought a brown/tan penguin would be a fun little non-tradtional color, and went from there. The ribbons are some scrap that I had lying around, which I converted into tabs. And of course Party Penguin is carrying his own "Hooray" flag. Here an up-close picture of this happy little guy...

Hooray!

That's all I have for you! Hop on over to see the amazing creations by the rest of the DYSU team. Please leave them a loving comment, because they do appreciate some blog love :)

On a last note, if you're a regular reader, don't forget to answer the survey in the top right panel and if you want to play along with in the current open QuAC challenge feel free to :)

This week's sponsor:
* Winner's Choice of 4 Images

* Winner's Choice of 3 Digis


* Winner's Choice of 3 Digis

5 comments:

Pauline said...

I love this cute little penguin Ren-Yi! Love the colours that you used, the papers are beautiful!

Helen Berry said...

How adorable is that Penguin! Love that little guy! Love the papers and the ribbon tabs on the side - such pretty colours!

Denise said...

This is gorgeous Ren-Yi. Such an adorable image and fabulous paper.
Hugs
Denise xx

WencheP said...

This is just cute. The little penguin is adorable.

Hugs,
Wenche

Unknown said...

Hi Ren-Yi! This is awesome...as usual! I love the glittery sentiment and your coloring is fabulous. The blues and teals are so pretty together. Great design!

Related Posts with Thumbnails