Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hi


Hello there! Last week and this week have been relatively stressful. Been getting home at 9p and starting my days quite early. So sorry for the quick posts - I also know that I owe you a bunch of tutorials, which are on my to-do list. However, when coming home so late, all I want to do is feed by grumpy stomach, take an Aleve for my pressing headache, and get to sleep. Never mind time to craft or to squeeze in much blogging time. But I promise to be and I will be posting up a vengeance ;)

I made this quick card for the latest CR84FN challenge. Number 63, so a indicator that this challenge blog is well past it's one-year birthday. How did I miss this? Sorry, Mona & the team...! I do love the quote this week...it especially applies to how I feel at work. People are always uncomfortable with new ideas, new processes, new anything...because change means uncertainty. But how else can we drive innovation & technology if we don't embrace the new or push the envelope? It's just food for thought and I'd love to hear your responses...

Well here is something new I'm trying...I've made a few cards without stamping and they turned out quite fun. But the new thing here is to make the background paper the foreground...What do you think?

Hi
Stamps: N/A
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Fresh Linen) Papertrey Ink; (Woodland Park Collection) October Afternoon
Ink: N/A
Embellishments: (Woodland Park Collection - Chip 'n Stick, Designer Brads, Decals - Alpha Stickers) October Afternoon; (Inkssentials - Glossy Accents) Ranger; (Brown Twine) Waltzingmouse Stamps; (1 1/4" Circle Punch) Marvy Uchida; (1" Circle Punch) Ek Success; (Tag from a car service) Recycled


Usually I like to cut out my pattern paper and adhere it nicely to the base card stock - the nice & conservative way. But I have seen so many others play with negative space so much and the idea of flipping it around really appealed. If the color challenge demands Denim, Tan & Brown, mind as well bring out one of those colors as a main focal point, right? Here's a nice up close picture of the blue, and the use of negative space filled with blue chipboard buttons threaded with brown twine.

Hi

Tried to finish this with a sentiment on a tag. The brown tag is actually a tag saved from a previous car maintenance which I have covered in pattern paper. It seemed nice & durable and it had a blank side (although quite ugly, because it was a saturated yellow color), which is why I had saved it. The rest is a fun brad and alpha stickers, which I glossed up. It doesn't quite show up well in the picture.


Hi

Well that's all I have for you. If you want to play along, you better hurry. Not many more hours left... I'm just sneaking in here to write up a quick post...But don't fear, another CR84FN will be up and running in no time....!

4 comments:

Pauline said...

I love your use of negative space and chip board buttons Ren-Yi! Gorgeous patterned papers too, lovely and fresh.
Thanks for joining us at CR84Fn this week!

Deborah Frings said...

I like the effect you get with the space around those fab buttons! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

Terrific card! Wonderful use of buttons! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Sue Lelli said...

Ren-Yi - LOVE how bold and bright this is and LOVE your sentiment! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Related Posts with Thumbnails