Thursday, September 13, 2012

[Paperplay Challenge] Week No. 37 - Fancy Folds

Note: If you are looking for DYSU Challenge - please keep scrolling :)

Hi there! It's Week 37. Yikes. Are you planning christmas or winter cards yet? I'm not ready, because I haven't even warmed up to Halloween card! Why does the year just go so fast?!

If you need something to get you started, we have a fantastic and challenging challenge: Fancy Folds. This one scared the wits out of me, because I like my whole A5 cards. Why? It uses every bit of my card stock, and there is no waste. And that's how I like to roll...So here is what I came up with...

Blank Popup Card
Stamps: N/A
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Orange Zest) Papertrey Ink; (Gathering) Authentique
Ink: N/A
Embellishments: (3/8" Topnotch Twill - Dark Chocolate; Saddle Stitch - Hawaiian Shore) Papertrey Ink; (Gathering Collection: Two-sided Elements - Tabloid, Icons, Excerpts) Authentique


If you are wondering where the fancy fold is... you're right. It's not. But here is a nice up-close shot of the card. I love these beautiful postage embellishments...aren't they beautiful? And since I had a scrap ribbon laying around, I decided to use it up now... (or never). Ever save scraps and you forget to use them?

Blank Popup Card

Ok, so I was kidding about not making a fancy fold card. I mean - I don't want to get fired from the team ;) So where is the fancy fold? In the inside of course...Peek-a-boo. It's a pop-up...!

Blank Popup Card

Hope you like it! Hop on over to see how the rest of the PPC girls did on this challenge. They will absolutely knock your socks off...! And if you're a regular reader on this blog, don't forget to answer my quick little survey on the top right! Hope you will be playing along with us this week...!

Our sponsor this week:

4 comments:

Pauline said...

I love your pop up card Ren-Yi! Fab papers too!

Deirdre said...

Stunning Ren-Yi, love your take on this fun challenge. Off to check out the posts I missed while I was away. Hugs, Deirdre

Unknown said...

Gorgeous design Ren-Yi! The colors and layout make for a very pleasing design. Everything is perfectly placed and so balanced to the eye. Beautiful card...love the pop-up sentiment too!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous inside and out! Love your pop-up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails